Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 9...The Final Acceptance!

So once I had done my research and agreed to my CV being sent to the employer came the next round of waiting, and waiting, and waiting (the longest it would take was four weeks, which took me right up to Christmas)! Again I was convinced I would not be accepted, even to the point when at the end of November after Daniel had left for Cambodia I started planning my next travel trip to India, China and Japan!

Then exactly as before, the moment I really had given up hope, I received an email from my Volunteer Programme Advisor saying that my employer in Ghana had accepted me for the placement and I would be leaving in the middle of February 2011! How so much can change from reading one short email!!!

Right then I thought, time to get planning...I will be spending a year of my life and the majority of 2011 in Bolgatanga and working in Talensi-Nabdam so I should probably find out some more about it! It is in the Upper East region of Ghana, Latitude. 10.9155556, Longitude. -0.5169444; it is bordered by Burkina Faso to the north and Togo to the east; the regional capital is Bolgatanga, sometimes referred to as Bolga; the population is primarily rural (84.3%) and scattered in dispersed settlements and the dominating religion is Catholicism.
Upper East Region of Ghana!
And so the excitement continues as day-by-day I get closer and closer to a year in Ghana! The more research I do and the more I hear from current volunteers, the more I realise what fun and nerves there are ahead...!

No comments:

Post a Comment