Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 5...The Assessment!

This was it, make or break! If I mucked this up then a new life plan had to be made, and as much as I love to plan ('Hannah the Planner' does have a lot of truth behind it) I did not fancy having to re-think my entire future! 

I got the train down to London glowing from my three month's in the sun and not knowing at all what to expect from the day! I walked in about ten minutes late to a room of six other people who were quietly filling in forms, so I did the same! Eventually the silence was broken by one of the VSO staff coming in to explain to us how the day would commence and what we should expect from it! After this we all went into a larger room where there were six assessors ready and waiting to decide our fate!

We participated in some group activities then had our one-to-one interviews! Mine went very well and I really liked my interviewer David, he reminded me of a quirky professor type who oozed warmth and sincerity! He said at the end of our chat that he'd had a lot of fun talking to me, which filled me with the confidence I needed for the afternoon session!

I left at the end of the day feeling really positive and anxious to hear a result sooner than the ten days they said we had to wait (yet more waiting)...!

No comments:

Post a Comment