Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 6...The Acceptance!

The answer I had been waiting so long to hear came as I started a three month temp job at the local distrcit council. I was sat at my desk (again back at the desk where I hate to be) when an email came through explaining that I had been accepted as a VSO Youth for Development volunteer :-)

But this was just the beginning (I'm sure we've already had that part) as I then had to actually get a placement offered to me and then accepted, which could take an infinite amount of time! Great I thought, so I'll be stuck here at this desk until the day I die...noooooo!!!

In order to get the ball rolling though I had to send my Volunteer Programme Advisor all my education certificates, passport details etc etc! And I had to choose out of three or four dates when I was available to participate in a three day training course in Harborne Hall, Birmingham! Me being the impatient person that I am I chose the first date possible, which was the 9th to 11th October 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment