Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 3...The Waiting!

So after sending my application off to VSO it was the fun part that we all love to hate, which is the waiting!!! Each time an email came through or my phone rang I prayed it would be them, but was it...no (of course it wasn't, this story would be too simple if it was)! After a couple of weeks I decided to drop them an email to check they had got my application OK and when I should expect to hear from them with an answer! The response I got back was most unexpected and my heart sank when I read it...due to the recent recession YfD placements were being put on hold as funding cuts meant that overseas employers were unable to take on volunteers at the current time! Right, I thought, I still have South East Asia to look forward to and to plan for and there is still hope from VSO so all is not lost...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment