Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 4...The News!

In late May 2010 after months with no news from VSO, you guessed it, I got an out-of-the-blue email saying that finances were now looking better and my application had been successful so could I please attend an assessment day in London in June! I didn't quite know what to think, I'd started 'making plans' to work as a tour guide in Halong Bay or to adopt one of the adorable Indonesian kids I had spent loads of time with! But I thought 'lets be realistic, me and dive instructor/bar owner/fire thrower probably won't happen so volunteering is the better option here!'

I replied straight away explaining how excited I was that YfD placements were back-up-and-running but that I was currently in Chiang Mai visiting tigers and learning to cook Thai culinary delights so couldn't make it to the June assessment day! They replied with full understanding and we arranged a date in July, one week after I landed back in the UK...!

No comments:

Post a Comment