Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 8...The Offer!

Following P2V where there was about a 30:70 split between those who had placements confirmed and those who were still waiting for an offer, I was pretty down-hearted as Marketing placements were known to be thin-on-the-ground! As it reached the end of October I was pretty convinced I wouldn't get a placement to leave early 2011, which is when I had been preparing myself to go!

Then as is always the case, as I had just about given up hope, came the offer I had been waiting for...a one year placement in Ghana, West Africa working in Education and communities...perfect! It was exactly the placement I had been hoping for and ticked all my criteria, plus I have to learn to ride a motorbike for it, which was one of my biggest hopes for the placement!

I started researching Ghana straight away, in order to then be able to reply to the email saying I wanted to be placed there and to have my CV put forward to the employer! So...what did I find out about Ghana...

Ghana, West Africa!
It is in West Africa; it's capital is Accra; it was the first African country to drop colonialism and go it alone; it built the biggest artificial lake in the world; it's people eat stews, potatoes, rice and meat, lots of meat! According to my guide book Ghana's trademarks are...'Beautiful beaches; vibrant city nightlife; fishing villages; ruins of the slave trade; elephants and antelope; highlife music; ancient forts and castles'...who would turn down a placement here!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment