Saturday 12 February 2011

Chapter 14...The last minute (as always) packing!

It's currently 03:15 on Saturday 12th February in England and also in Ghana (same time zone for those who didn't know) and I have just about finished my packing! I'm not going to lie, it was a stressful process, but one I quite enjoyed by the end...

I realised earlier today that my first aid kit was rather limited for a whole year away so I popped into town to stock up on plasters, savlon etc etc, which has put my mind at rest about all those cuts and scrapes I will get over the next year (no doubt coming off my moped)!

I then came home and decided the time had come for over half the things I wanted to take away with me to get the cut! Most of the clothes I'd put aside needed to be eliminated, along with shoes, toiletries and pretty girly things that I am going to have to learn to live without in Ghana!

So what made it into the backpack, which must weigh no more than 23kg (argh!)...practical trousers, practical tops, practical shoes, my raincoat, DVD's, 4 books, gym stuff (what a waste of precious space I hear you cry, I will prove you all wrong), swimwear and a VERY limited number of toiletries and pretty girly things (photos, postcards etc)!

And that is it, my life packed away into a backpack for a year in Ghana, my room left tidy and ready for my return and my bed made ready for that first cosy night back at home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment