Wednesday 4 May 2011

Chapter 40...The long-awaited arrival of goodies!

An emotionally charged blog post as I have just spent the past half an hour in tears while opening the four birthday packages that were waiting for me at the VSO Program Office while I was away! It's amazing what that first sight of familiar handwriting  on an envelope can do, how the proud messages written inside cards can restore hope and how the thought behind each of those presents can be felt even from thousands of miles away!

My five new books will be read in super speed, aided greatly by the use of my new head torch! My new top, silk scarf and bangles will be saved for special occassions or when I need a reminder of those who sent them! My chocolate and mini birthday cake will be munched straight after this post is finished (somethings will never change) and my birthday cards will be pinned on my wall alongside my leaving cards so I can be reminded everyday of those of you back home who mean the absolute World to me! None of this would be possible without you, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for constantly being there for me throughout every challenge I set myself in life! No-one will ever truly know what receiving those parcels today felt like, but believe me when I say, it felt really good!

How to bring a smile to my face :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment