Monday 18 April 2011

Chapter 38...The Volta vacation begins!

Having spent the last couple of days feeling like I've taken on the role of Julia Roberts in 'Eat, Pray, Love' the start of my two week vacation has arrived and it's timing couldn't be better! Never fear though as I haven't found myself crying on the bathroom floor at 3am over lost loves (although I have come close) and I haven't found myself booking flights to Italy, India and Indonesia either (although that would be nice and as you will see later I have come close)! But what I have found is that my frustrations with work have reached their peak, my patience with Ghanaian culture has reached it's limit, my mind has been wandering to times gone by and my itchy feet syndrome has returned!

So all-in-all this spells out that after two very intense months settling in Ghana, a break away from everything I've come to know about my life in Bolga is very much needed! Now unfortunately due to a lack of finances this will be rather more low-key than that of Julia Roberts year long trip away visiting three major World countries! Instead I shall be spending two weeks travelling the length and breadth (quite literally) of Ghana! So ahead lies a fortnight of yoga, wine and chocolate; trekking, jogging and waterfalls; hotels, swimming pools and lakes; beads, beads and more beads and at the end of all this, the Capital city and the coast, which will be like going home for me, being near to water again!

Hopefully though like good old Julia I will be able to eat as much fancy food as she did (but not put back on the 7kg I've lost so far), achieve as much soul-searching as she managed to and finally close the door on old loves, in order to open the door for new ones! Oh and alongside all of this plan my workload for the ten weeks I have between this vacation and the next! Oh and one last thing too...plan for my next big trip to New Zealand and Australia at the end of January 2012 (sorry oh to everyone back home, I know this will be a huge shock, but to soften the blow it does mean I'll be back for Christmas this year *smile*)!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you definitely need this little break and it will hopefully help refresh you for when you come back to Bolga.

    I know we were discussing your next trip when we skyped so I'm not entirely shocked about your NZ/Aus plan, shame you only have a month or so at home but once again, this is the chance of a lifetime and if you can do it then you should :)

    So how long are you think your NZ/Aus adventure will be? xxxxx big hugs, miss you, love you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet pea,
    Yeah the break is very much needed, the last two months has been such a rollercoaster! Will definitely go back in May ready and raring to go again...!
    The NZ/Aus trip is such an amazing opportunity, I wanted to explain it all over the phone 'in person' the other day, but for reasons out of my control that didn't really happen, which is such a shame!
    It's a one-way ticket leaving 29th January so the length of the adventure is pretty open! Maybe I'll meet a nice New Zealander who sends a shiver down my spine and who wants to ski in Winter and scuba dive in Summer...then I can stay forever!!
    Anyway I hope you and Stephen enjoy Russia, catch up when you're back with lots of photos I hope...!
    Hugs, kisses and loves too!
    Mwah
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    P.S. Nearer the time we'll definitely get lots of Christmas plans in so that you're sick of having me back by the time I leave in Jan ;-)

    ReplyDelete