Thursday 27 October 2011

Chapter 69...The first time I've linked to someone else's blog!

This blog post written by a fellow VSO pretty much sums up a lot of my thinking at the moment. It talks directly about the Comic Relief funded project - TENI that I am working on, but disagree with strongly, as well as VSO - an International NGO. It leaves me asking the questions - what can this World do together, as a collective whole, to hold fire, stop and really take a look at what International Aid is doing to prevent poverty? How has something that was meant to do so much good ended up doing so much bad, and who can turn this around? What is the harm in halting for a while, to re-assess and start afresh? Take a read and let me know what you think, it's a long one mind, but a real eye opener...

No comments:

Post a Comment