Tuesday 8 November 2011

Chapter 72...The lasts!

This week is a week full of lasts for me in Bolga...
  • My last day at the GES office.
  • My last moto ride on my big red mean machine.
  • My last stroll around the market.
  • My last stop-off at the local shop on my way home to buy all my daily essentials.
  • My last chat with Sister Akua at lunchtime while I munch on fruit.
  • My last sleep in my room.
  • My last bit of baking in the oven.
  • My last egg 'n' bread at Travellers. 
  • My last hold of the adorable baby (whose name I can't spell) at work.
  • My last tro ride to Tamale.
I am super excited about the adventure that lies ahead in starting a new Ghana life in Tamale, but I am also deeply sad about leaving Bolga behind. The biggest reason for my sadness is that somehow I managed to live my life for nine months not realising just how much this place has touched me. How much the people I see on a daily or weekly basis mean to me and how emotionally challenging it will be to say goodbye when I get on that tro to leave. Doing all these 'lasts' really is closing the chapter on 'Hannahs Volunteer Story' leaving the big question...what next?

2 comments:

  1. was this your final post sis? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, unless you think it should be? I have a couple more up my sleeve to do with VSO (surprise) and Ghana itself. With 19 days until I fly, I reckon that's at least two more posts...
    xx

    ReplyDelete